Registration & Fees
If you’re ready to register, it can be completed 100% online! It’s a multi-step process which can take anywhere from 3 to 15 minutes.
New Youth to Scouting or transferring from another Pack (use your BSA ID from your old Pack) register on Scouting.org. Parents/Guardians that want to become Adult Leaders should register here as well. Pack 83 will reimburse you for the Adult Leader fee scouting.org charges. As a parent/guardian that volunteers for specific tasks, there’s no need to register.
Returning Scouts no need to register at Scouting.org or Pack83. We are skipping the annual Pack 83 registration and moving to Scoutbook which you should already be in. See fee details below and how to pay.
Registration & How to Pay Explained
Total combined Scouting.org & Pack83 fees = $250/youth. Adult Leaders = $0.
- Returning Scouts: we (Pack 83) collect:
- $15 for ScoutsLife magazine (optional)
- We pay Scouting.org for you. You don’t need to worry about two fees and two registrations as we pay Scouting.org during our annual recharter which is why we collect such a large amount.
- New & Transferring Scouts: we (Pack 83) collect:
- Adult leader reimbursement ($120) for the Scouting.org fee. Ask Brett, Nathan or Rhut for reimbursement.
- Scouts Life magazine option was included during your Scouting.org registration so no need to include here.
- All Pack 83 payments PayPal to Rhut our Cub Master. Note your Scout Name(s) and Scouts Life if added.
Scouting.org fee covers 12 months of youth and/or adult leader membership from your date of registration. Membership benefits include; access to scouting facilities, training, insurance, fair share and more. This 12 month rolling membership is new as of August, 2023. Fees are collected by them during registration.
- Scouting.org fee = youth $185; parent leaders $120*** and you’ll be charged during registration.
- ***Pack 83 believes parent volunteer leaders should NOT have to pay to volunteer, so we reimburse you the $120 adult fee if you become a leader. Contact Brett, Nathan or Rhut.
- If you are REALLY curious here’s the official FAQ.
Pack 83 fee covers the 2023/24 school year for youth. This is a smaller fee for pack meetings, awards, patches, certificates, adult leader fees & training, food for events, etc…
In order to keep Pack 83 registration fees as low as possible, some activities are either not included in these fees or are only subsidized by these fees. There will be no further fundraising. Scholarships are available as needed. Please contact the Registrar (Brett Gentry, email@example.com) for more information.
Additional costs for everyone include:
- Uniforms = +$100 (shirt, hat, neckerchief, pack & council patches, book) Before purchasing consult your Den leader for their specific suggestions since we have a clothing & goods exchange to help the environment and save money.
- Scout’s Life Magazine (optional) = $15
- Events & Trips (optional) = costs based on activity
Communications & Calendar
All Pack 83 communications will be going out through this Pack 83 Google Group. To be added to the Google group, send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Pack & Den Meetings as well as Events for the entire year are posted on our Pack 83 Calendar. Be sure to add our calendar to yours – instructions to do this are on the calendar page.