If you’re ready to register, it can be completed 100% online! It’s a multi-step process which can take anywhere from 3 to 15 minutes.
- New to scouting or transferring from another Pack: Register with Scouting.org
- Everyone: Register with Pack 83
Registrations must be completed before October 15th. (Registrations after Oct. 31st will potentially incur additional fees)
New Scouts. There are two sets of fees, one for Scouting.org and one for Pack83. Once you’re a returning Scout you’ll only ever have to worry about the Pack83 fee because we include the Scouting.org fee. Pack83 fees include the full school year while Scouting.org fees are on a fiscal year ending January 31st. This means new Scouts are charged a prorated fee, plus a $25 new Scout fee, for Scouting.org’s fiscal year. Depending on when you register in the fall it’s around ~$100.
Everyone pays the Scout Pack83 fee for the school year = $225
Our Registration Fee covers and/or subsidizes the following expenses:
- BSA Youth and Adult Registrations Fees, insurance, and fair share
- Youth and Leader Training
- Awards, Patches and Certificates
- Pack Meetings
In order to keep registration fees as low as possible, some activities are either not included in these fees or are only subsidized by these fees. There will be no further fundraising. Scholarships are available as needed. Please contact the Registrar (Brett Gentry, firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Other costs can include:
- Uniforms = ~ $100 (shirt, hat, belt, patches, book) Before purchasing consult your Den leader for their specific suggestions.
- Scout’s Life Magazine (optional) = $15
- Events & Trips (optional) = costs based on activity
Communications & Calendar
All Pack 83 communications will be going out through this Pack 83 Google Group. To be added to the Google group, send us an email to: email@example.com
All Pack & Den Meetings as well as Events for the entire year are posted on our Pack 83 Calendar. Be sure to add our calendar to yours – instructions to do this are on the calendar page.