Cub On is an event run by the Pacific Skyline counsel. It is a great introduction to “family camping”. This is an optional event, but we encourage you to go! You can go to any Cub On, but we typically select one date to go together as a pack. For the date of this year’s Pack 83 Cub On – see our calendar. Once you’ve validated the date we’re going, signup.
At Cub On, scouts have the opportunity to do activities like hiking, fishing, boating, archery, BB guns, crafts and fishing. There are many optional badges which scouts can earn at Cub On — ask your Den leader for details.
Cub On takes place at the Boulder Creek Scout Reservation in the Santa Cruz mountains. All meals are provided in the dining hall. Parent(s) who attend are expected to volunteer for a shift in an activity and in the dining hall.
Forms / Maps / Directions
- Getting there – Make sure you have a car GPS or pre-download the maps to Google Maps – you may not have cell signal along the way or at camp.
- When to get there – It’s always best to drive into camp/set up camp when it’s still light out — try to arrive before the sun goes down. Volnteer Registration typically starts at 6:00PM on Friday. If you register early, you’ll be able to choose your preferred parent volunteer slots.
- Scouts and Adult Leaders, bring your Class A uniform – we’ll wear it as a Pack during Saturday dinner and Campfire. If you have a Pack T-Shirt, bring it.
- If attending, you’ll be emailed additional information including a schedule directly from the District – sent the week of the Cub On.
- We’ll be assigned a single camping area so we can camp together as a Pack. We’ll communicate our spot when it’s assigned to us.
- Bring a tent, sleeping bags and pads or air mattress. See the Packing list for additional items – including insect repellent and sunscreen.
- Wear layers, it can be warm during the day, but chilly in the evening/morning.
- There are bathrooms with flush toilets and sinks available.
- You DO NOT need to bring your own food. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are served in the dining room Lodge. Bring some SNACKS for in between meals, or your own food if you have dietary restrictions. Friday dinner is usually late, so bring some snacks to tide kids over to dinner. The Dining hall is not big enough for everyone at once, so we will be assigned a meal shift at registration.
- Parents will need to volunteer at a meal and at an activity. Make sure you coordinate with another parent so that your Scout(s) always have an adult that is responsible for them.
- If you are planning on arriving on Saturday morning, please give us the heads up so we don’t worry about you when you don’t show up to camp on Friday night.
- Fill up those tanks!