Last updated November 2018.
Join us for a wonderful trip to the snow! Pack 83 will arrange for an overnight trip to Pinecrest (near Dodge Ridge) for fun snow experience. This trip takes place in January the weekend after MLK weekend.
2019 Snow Trip Agenda
Saturday, January 26
08:00 AM Departure from Belmont
11:00 AM Arrival at Leland High Sierra Snow Play! (bring your own lunch or use their snack bar)
02:00 PM Arrival at Pinecrest Community Center Map, Change Clothes, Set up your family’s tent (inside!)
04:00 PM Winter Safety Discussion
05:00 PM Dinner (we’ll order pizza, salads, and some gluten free options)
06:30 PM Evening program, skits, and activities TBD
08:30 PM Lights out at Pinecrest Community Center
Sunday, January 27
08:00 AM – Continental Breakfast will be provided
09:00 AM – Depart. The official trip ends. Some families may choose to go on a hike, to Leland, to Dodge Ridge ski area, etc.
- Costs are $15 per person, paid ahead of time. This covers dinner, breakfast and snacks.
- Out of pocket there will be Leland Snowplay fees (http://snowplay.com/rates/) + Saturday lunch (you can bring a bag lunch or purchase it)
Documents to Bring
- Print out directions ahead of time and bring them with you. Navigation / internet isn’t reliable once you are in the Pinecrest area.
Belmont to Leland | Address: 34033 Leland Meadow Rd, Pinecrest, CA 95364
Leland to Pinecrest | Address: 2 Pinecrest School Rd. Pinecrest, CA 95364
- Please also print, fill out, and bring your medical forms with you!
Medical Forms (Need parts A and B)
we will hand them back to you at the end of the event, and you can bring the same filled out forms to the next scout trip you go on.
- Snow clothes for both Saturday and early Sunday. Especially hats, gloves, and jackets.
- Regular clothes
- Sleeping bags, pillows, toothbrushes, etc. for the overnight. A tent is optional. But if you bring a tent, please make sure it fits the number of people in your party snugly (we have very little floor space, so big tents with just a few people in them will not work).
- 2wd cars should bring chains. No guarantees but typically there are chain installers (if wanted/needed) who install for chains for fee if there is chain control. Hopefully chains will not be needed – but “be prepared”.
Please note! Like all scouting trips — this is subject to change or cancellation — especially for weather reasons. A full refund will be given if the trip is cancelled 2 or more days ahead of time. (In the event of an unexpected last minute cancellation, we may not be able to refund 100% of your money, but this is very unlikely.) We have a limit on the number of people who can stay at the community center — so sign up early. If the limit is reached, all are still welcome at Leland and for the events, but you will need to arrange for your own lodging.